Tuesday 18 May 2010

16 Weeks to Go!

Well that’s my second week of GSR training over…and I didn’t quite get as much training done as I would have liked, but at least I’ve still a good number of weeks left!

I ended my blog last week saying that I was going to Spin class that night, I have to admit that as the day went on, my legs (and rest of me!) got more and more tired, and so I cancelled and went home for a bath instead!

I tried to make up for it on Tuesday, and so went out for a 5k run. Did it in 28 mins 13 seconds, which was an average pace of 10.6kph. Not bad, but my fastest ever time is 26mins 16 secs, and I’d like to be back running at that pace! One thing I’ve found over the last year or so, is that I don’t really run in kilometres or miles, but average speed! I like to believe this is what makes me a runner and not a jogger, but in reality I think it just makes me a geek!

Anyway, I didn’t manage to get out running the next couple of nights, but had Spin class on Friday night. It was a good workout, Friday night spin definitely sets you up for the weekend!

I got out for another run on Saturday, and this time ran 6.5k in 36m 33s averaging 10.7kph. That is around 56min 10k pace, closer to where I want to be but still not fast enough! In order to achieve my aim of a sub 55min 10k, I really need to be running at a pace of over 11kph, I can do that over a shorter distance of say 2miles but need to get my body used to running faster for longer!!
I seemed to have planned it over the next couple of weeks that I am either out most nights or have people over, so not sure how much training I will get to do, but will try my best to get at least a couple of runs in so I have something to write about!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home