Tuesday 8 September 2009

Post run review!

Well after months of training, it’s all over, and it was another brilliant event!

I didn't quite manage my target time, but I'm not too disappointed. The unprecedented numbers taking part meant my particular section was very crowded so I couldn't get into my rhythm for the first couple of miles, and then pushed myself too hard to make some time up and got a stitch!! In the end I did it in 1hr 1m 27s, still the fastest time I have completed the Great Scottish Run in!

The support along the route, especially coming into Glasgow Green at the end was excellent and really does help keep you going, so I’ll definitely be back next year!

I hope you all had a great day out, and if like me didn’t achieve exactly what you wanted at least managed to have fun, and if you did achieve a new PB then well done! Thank you all for reading my blog over the last few weeks, I hope you have found it useful and enjoyed reading it as much as I’ve enjoyed updating it! Keep checking the Run Glasgow website, a new section for the Running Network will be appearing soon and I may keep my blog going…..!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home