Tuesday 21 July 2009

7 Weeks to Go!

Got a good week of training in this week, although with only 7 weeks to go until the GSR I don’t really have much choice. All weeks have got to be good from now on!!

Monday night I made it along to spin class again, that is 2 weeks in a row now! Class was fun, there are two different people that take spin, taking alternating weeks so it is good getting a slightly different workout each week! Was at Body Balance class as well on Tuesday night.

Wednesday I went out for a run. I’d been telling myself all day that I was going to do a long run of about 7.5k, and felt really ready for it, until I got to the park and the heavens opened! I stayed in the car until the worst of it passed then went out for my run. I was feeling great, however half way round (once round is 2 miles) the rain came on again and within seconds I was completely drenched! I made it the full way round, squelching in my trainers and was actually feeling pretty good. I could easily have ran on but I slipped a couple of times and then the thunder started, and as the route was covered in trees I decided not to risk it and ran back to the car! Ended up doing 3.5k in 19m 1s, average of 11kph. First mile time was 8m 42s, second 8m 50s, however I was disappointed at not getting to run further.

Got back out for a run again on Saturday, and this time I was determined to do the 7.5k. I managed it….it wasn’t easy though! I did it in 42m 52s, a average of 10.5kph, much lower than I wanted. Felt good up to the 4k mark but then really struggled and to be honest I am actually really pleased that I was able to complete the distance, although at some parts I was so slow I think I actually ran backwards!! My mile splits were 8m 40s for the first, 98m 44s for the second, third 9m 20s and fourth a very slow 9m 44s! But it was the furthest I’ve ran since the Women’s 10k in May!

After the run went to Glasgow Club Easterhouse for weight training at the gym. Usually do 2 nights of weights a week in the house also, so its nice to do them at the gym once a week as a change, plus getting running and weights over with on a Saturday morning leaves the rest of the day to have fun! (and eat a massive dinner!)

On Sunday I went out running again but really struggled, it was pretty windy and my legs were tired from the long run the day before, I ran 2 miles in 17m 42s, a fairly disappointing 10.9kph average. First mile was good at 8m 36s but then the second mile (running uphill into the wind!) was 9m 5s, oh well at least I was out doing something!!

Well it was a holiday Monday for the Glasgow Fair so took good advantage of it! Went running in the morning, did 2 miles again but in a much better than the days before time of 17m 5s, average of 11.3kph. First mile was 8m 31s and second 8m 32s! Was booked in for spin class at Glasgow Club Easterhouse at night, and since we weren’t in work went to the gym to do weights before it rather than doing them in the house!

Well I have Body Balance again on Tuesday night, then giving myself a well earned break on Wednesday before hopefully managing a long run on Thursday night….will let you know next week how it goes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home